by Earl F Glynn | Franklin Center
Recent press reports focused on the 157 visits to the White House by former IRS Commissioner Douglas H. Shulman, but there has been little scrutiny of the 165 White House visits by the IRS ‘Obamacare’ official Sarah Hall Ingram.
According to White House visitor data, Shulman never attended any of Ingram’s meetings, and Ingram never attended a White House meeting with Shulman.
All of Ingram’s165 meetings were with White House staff, while only 151 of Shulman’s visits were with staff. Shulman attended six meetings with President Barack Obama.
Ingram attended 62 White House meetings in 2011, 90 in 2012 and 13 this year (though February).
Most of Ingram’s visits were hosted by Jeanne Lambrew, who according to the Washington Post is the Deputy Assistant to the President for Health Policy.
53 people attended White House Meetings with Shulman or Ingram
Raw numbers show about 230 people attended meetings with Ingram at the White House. (Some of these names could possibly be combined because of multiple spellings.)
Similar raw numbers show about 270 people attended White House staff meetings with Shulman.
A number of the visitors only attended meetings with Shulman, or only attended meetings with Ingram. But a total of 53 people attended one or more of the White House staff meetings with both Shulman and Ingram.
The table below shows the top 20 names that attended both sets of meetings:
The people on the list above should be quite knowledgeable about what happened in the White House meetings with Shulman and Ingram. The top three on this list are:
- Richard Kronick, HHS Deputy Assistant Secretary, Office of Health Policy
- Catherine E Livingston, Healthcare Counsel, IRS Office of Chief Counsel
- Kenneth Y Choe, HHS Deputy General Counsel
Files with information about White House staff visits by Sarah Hall Ingram
- Summary Excel file (one line summary of each meeting)
- Details Excel file (shows all meeting attendees including Ingram). The file is in chronological order. Scanning through this file suggests weekly meetings — sometimes more often — with many of the same people present.
- Excel file with counts of visitors attending White House meetings with Ingram
- All of Sarah Hall Ingram’s Visits to the White House, Data.gov, June 4, 2013.
- Former IRS Commissioner Shulman may have visited White House 160 times, Watchdog Labs, May 23, 2013. 6 POTUS visits, 151 White House staff visits, 3 visits to visitors’ office.
- White House aide: ‘Nothing that suggests’ IRS official at center of scandal ‘did anything wrong’, Washington Times, May 19, 2013.
- Internal Revenue Service Scrutiny of Non-Profit Groups, House Committee Ways and Means, Testimony by Steven T. Miller, C-Span Video Library, May 17, 2013. See video at 1:19: “Who is Sarah Hall Ingram?”
- IRS Defends Agency ‘Obamacare’ Official, ABC News, May 17, 2013.
- IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office, ABC News, May 16, 2013.
- IRS tax exemption/Obamacare exec got $103,390 in bonuses; Did Obama OK them?, Washington Examiner, May 16, 2013.
- “Nonprofit governance — the view form the IRS”, Sarah Hall Ingram, June 23, 2009. Comments at Georgetown University Law Center.
Contact Info: Twitter: @WatchdogLabs, Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WatchdogLabs
Leave a comment