Articles that may be useful in computer-assisted reporting projects grouped by topics …
Campaign Finance Data
- R Tools for FEC Campaign Finance Disclosure Data, data blog, Oct. 2011.
- Computational Reporting — all about data mining blog
- Mining of Massive Datasets, Anand Rajaraman and Jeffrey Ullman.
- The Difference Between ‘Knowledge Discovery’ and ‘Data Mining’, Josue Oteiza, July 2011.
- R-Function to Read Data from Google Docs Spreadsheet, theBioBucket, March 2012.
- Xming + Putty = Run your home linux apps on a remote windows machine, element 14, June 2007.
- Maps with R, Omnia sunt Communia!, Feb. 2012.
- Interactive charts with googleVis package and R, R Data Mining, Oct. 2011.
- Scraping R-Bloggers with Python, PolStat, Jan. 2012.
Text analysis / Text mining
- Online resources for handling big data and parallel computing in R, R Data Mining, May 2012.
- Statistics on the length and linguistic complexity of bills, bommarito consulting, Feb. 2012.
- How to work with Google n-gram data sets in R using MySQL, R Psychologist, April 2012.
- Visualising Activity Around a Twitter Hashtag or Search Term Using R, OUseful.Info, Feb. 2012.
- Text Data Mining with Twitter and R, Heuristic Andrew, April 2011.
- Word cloud alternatives, Jesse S.A. Bridgewater, April 2012.
- The data behind Capitol words, Sunlight Labs, Dec. 2011.
- 118 years of US State Weather Data, you’re reading blog, April 2012.
Leave a comment